Just two days after Christmas, a seven-year-old boy had to be rushed to the hospital when he swallowed an Apple AirPod.

Kiara Stroud was at work when her mum rang to say that her son had accidentally ingested half of his Christmas present and they were on their way to the emergency room.

When the young boy arrived at the Children's Healthcare of Atlanta hospital in Georgia, US, doctors took x-rays which enabled them to see see the wireless headphone right underneath his rib cage. They then told the family to let it pass naturally.

Kiara told WSB-TV2: "He was very nervous, he thought he was going to be in trouble so we just kind of assured him that it's OK."

The x-ray shows the AirPod underneath his rib cage. Credit: WSB-TV2

According to ABC News, the little boy was holding the gadget in his mouth by the stem when he swallowed it.

He's now scared to have his phone near him because he's afraid it might connect to the AirPod in his stomach.

Stroud explained: "He was like, 'Mom. I don't want my phone,' because he got a phone for Christmas as well, and he's like, 'I don't want to be near my phone. I don't want it to connect to my phone and start playing music.' I'm like, 'Oh my God.' He's a crazy kid."

Stock image of some AirPods. Credit: Shutterstock

For now, Stroud said she's going to stick to the old-fashioned headphones - at least until her boy gets a bit older - as she added: "Anything could happen."

LADbible has contacted Apple for comment.

The youngster having his x-ray. Credit: WSB-TV2

On the plus side, the AirPod might still work once it's completed its perilous journey, though - assuming the youngster wants to stuff something inside his earhole that's come from his a***hole -as was the case for one man in Taiwan.

Mr Hsu says he fell asleep with his earphones still in and when he woke up he couldn't find the right one. So he used the 'Find My AirPods' feature to try and track the runaway earpiece down - which is when he discovered they were actually in the same room as him...

He explained: "The map showed that my AirPod was at home, and I could hear the 'beep, beep' sound, which seemed to follow me around the room.

"But I checked under my blanket and looked around but couldn't find it - then I realised the sound was coming from my stomach!"

Hsu was at a train station the very next day when he felt the call of nature. Lo and behold, inside the results was the missing AirPod, saving him the £65 it would have cost to replace it.

Although, to be honest, I think I'd rather spend £65.

Previous Next